Then, after wiping eyes, disengaging heart, and placing cultural memory on hold, ask yourself and answer the following questions honestly:
1) Is the life of the average American today more free from governmental oppression (domestic and/or foreign) as compared to the average American on
- V-E Day (8 May 1945)
- V-J Day (2 Sept 1945)
- The armistice date in the Korean conflict (27 July 1953)
- The date of the Paris Peace Accords (27 January 1973) or
- The date of the Gulf War I cease-fire (27 February 1991)?
2) Notwithstanding the undeniable contributions of American veterans, will the young people shown in the video live with more freedom from government interference than their parents and grandparents?
3) How many of the tough, experienced, brave, and patriotic veterans of every conflict from WW2 through Korea through Vietnam through the last 20 years of desert adventures can be relied upon to fight in the upcoming fracas, within the confines of their abilities ?
4) How many of those brave men are today actively sharing what they know about the operational arts with those who can benefit from their instruction?
5) How much longer are right-thinking Americans going to substitute illusion, mythology, symbolism, and “feeling” for hard-hearted analysis, planning, and execution to actually re-establish freedom in this country?