If you have been at the patriot game over the past several years or longer, you will have witnessed human nature at some of its peacetime worst.
et cetera ad nauseum.
Nor do I expect behavior to improve as the noose tightens.
I, too, have poured fuel on such fires from time to time.
But think, for a moment, on what kind of support will be needed as “cold” statism morphs into “hot” tyranny in the coming days, weeks, months, and years.
In the end, does a fleeing freedom fighter really give a tinker’s damn about the politics of one who sincerely offers aid, refuge, and assistance?
In the end, every reader of this blog is going to need a lot more help in being an effective Resistance fighter than you have now.
As you go forward, think of all of the people, now unknown to you, who are sympathetic to your cause and who will lend you support.
- The old lady in the pew ahead of you in church on Sunday.
- The Goth chick with the tattoos, piercings, and adolescent bad attitude who just wants everyone to leave her the eff alone.
- The Fed whose politics have evolved along the same lines that your views deepened and matured over time.
- The single mom who senses that no matter what she does, her kids are going to be slaves.
- The nerdy teenage boy who spends countless hours online reading about the coming catastrophe.
- The crippled old man with the drawer full of unpapered pistols.
- The secretary inside the local stooge palace who knows what kind of people her bosses are.
- The college professor who can point to the stooges on his campus.
- The cousin who doesn’t really understand politics but who lives the creed that “blood counts”.
Note that I am not saying to throw all OPSEC/COMSEC issues to the wind.
Be prudent always.
But what I am urging is that as times become ever more serious, put aside the childish insults and personal vendettas.
Be honest with yourself about what you will need to survive (or to be operationally effective, if survival is not on your list), and how far you really are from that goal.
Build your networks.
Know your neighbors – for good and for bad.
Understand that there are hundreds of thousands of allies who can be educated and recruited to help you resist tyranny.
And if someone chooses a different path of resistance than the one you have selected, wish them luck rather than cursing them.
They may even be right.
Prepare for a very long and very hard war.
You already have more than enough enemies.
And more are on the way.
Try to avoid making more by your imprudent words and deeds.
And I will try to do the same.
UPDATE 0855 EDT 29 OCT 2012: Clarified recap of thesis here.