Western Rifle Shooters Association
What is Distributed Security, Inc?
Distributed Security, Inc. is a private defense group. We train and mobilize individuals, businesses, churches and schools to defend life and property. We offer integrated on-line, on-site and on-range training packages for our members, students and tailored engagements for our clients. http://www.distributedsecurity.com
Who are the DSI instructors?
Ron Danielowski, Bill Tallen, Randy Bartlett and Chuck Gbur make up our corporate training cadre. They work with a growing number of independent instructors certified to teach our curricula. It’s one thing to have some firearms background and want to turn that into a side business. It’s quite another to have the expertise, knowledge AND ability to transfer that knowledge effectively. Our curriculum is designed by these same people and now encompasses 7 print manuals, 30+ on-range formats, 60+ on-line courses, 4 on-line training plans, and thousands of pages of on-line training resources. Check out their individual bios here. https://distributedsecurity.com/about-pulse-o2da/certified-training-instructors.html
Why did you start DSI?
Ron Danielowski and Mike Smock started DSI in 2010 to address a growing need for firearms training resulting from increasing polarization in the US and throughout the world. They saw two gaps they could fill in the firearms training industry:
1. Beyond the NRA. A need for reality based training solutions for individuals and teams that pick up where the standard NRA offerings leave off.
2. Distributed security. They saw a clear need for individuals to assume more control over the immediate defense of their home, businesses, churches and schools.
What types of training is offered by your team?
We offer on-line, on-range, on-site and instructor certification training. https://distributedsecurity.com/offerings/training-home.html#
1. On-line pre-course and post-course training supports all our on-range and on-site training courses, reducing the amount of classroom time in those courses, and providing guidance for sustaining and developing your skills through directed practice.
2. On-range training provides instruction in combative handgun, rifle, shotgun, individual tactics, team tactics, and unit tactics. Students can also benefit from various hands-on medical training and tactical communications courses that may be needed to save their own lives or those around them.
3. On-site training is conducted at your own venue and nearby training facilities that meet our requirements, tailoring our training packages to your specific needs and applications.
4. DSI Certified Firearms Instructor (CFI) certification is designed to teach qualified candidates on the same tactics and methodology we use for our own students. Once an instructor is DSI certified, they have access to all the training curriculum and tools needed to train their own students at their own location. DSI engages with CFI’s on an ongoing basis and supports them through continued training every year.
We use Reality Based Training (RBT) to teach individual, small team, and unit tactics in a force-on-force environment with live role players and non-lethal training firearms and ammunition. Whether in our own training areas or at your location, this method tests firearms, tactics, and decision-making skills in high-stress, realistic scenarios
We also offer vulnerability assessments for clients and partners worldwide. These engagements are tailored to fit the specific needs of enterprises and organizations confronted with threats to personnel and assets.
Where does DSI offer training?
Our combative handgun/rifle/shotgun courses are put on by our CFI’s at their locations. Currently, we have CFI’s in Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Ohio, Illinois and New York. Our reality-based training facilities are conducted at facilities in Mt Carrol, IL and Davenport IA. Tactical medicine and communications courses are integrated in those live courses, as well as stand-alone courses in Ohio.
What is the Defender 300 concept?
We’re using the new SEC crowdfunding regulations to build a cadre of 300 highly experienced gun owners who understand the importance of investing in advanced training that sharpens their existing skills while introducing new skill sets, tactics and techniques.
The reason we’re using a “Reg CF” offering is that it allows us to share potential financial returns or profits with those who invest and become Defender 300 members. Our Ref CF offering is not just an investment, but also a commitment to the security of your community.
The modest financial investment you make can return many times over, both financially, and in the peace of mind that comes with the confidence that your community is safe and secure. Accepted members receive:
1. SWAT caliber training – Individual/team training courses, plans, resources.
2. Advanced Training Plan – Online 12-month detailed level training plan.
3. Lifetime Membership – Advanced-Level Online Defense Academy
4. Training Discounts – Individual and team tactics courses.
5. Referral Commissions – Student or client referrals.
6. Resources – For creating a community distributed security network.
7. SWAG – Vinyl morale patch and window decal
Click here for more info: https://distributedsecurity.com/defender-300-program-details.html?a_id=388
How does DSI differ from other training organizations in the space?
Two things set us apart:
- Integrated training ladder – We have the on-line, on-range and on-site ability to move a new gun owner all the way up to SWAT-level proficiency in 12 months through integrated training approach.
- Private defense networks – We designed these private networks to support businesses, churches and schools in your community.
Walk us through how an awakened American might interact with DSI for his family’s safety?
Let us assume this awakened American is an experienced gun owner and decides to further their tactical training. This is how he/she would interact with us:
1. Start by getting an Advanced membership in our online Defense Academy – or – become an investor in the Defender300.
2. Next, invite in other family members, friends, and neighbors to start training via a Basic membership. (If you’re a Defender 300 member you get a share of our revenue and commissions on referrals).
3. Last, start training. Move up our training ladder from individual, to team, then unit tactics offerings.
What does DSI offer to that same awakened American for the organizations (schools, churches, businesses) to which he/she belongs?
Awakened Americans can establish their own on-line security cadres for their local businesses, churches or schools using our on-line Team memberships. Their local businesses, schools and churches can engage our on-site turnkey offerings or have us custom tailor a solution. All of our offerings have been designed to distribute security down to the private citizen.
What is the most important attribute that a DSI student can bring to a class?
The most important attribute a student, member or client can bring is a desire to train.
What is the most important skill that a DSI student learns?
How to win the fight of their life by integrating techniques – gun handling skills – with tactics and decision making appropriate to the actual conditions of modern life in America.