>The beautiful Pacific coast is our next destination, as we hold our next Intermediate Rifle clinic near Brookings, OR on October 6-7.
Grab your gear (along with your rain slicker) and come join us in learning lots of practical things you think you already know.
What You’ll Need:
• 200 rounds ammo per day; > 80% of the course can be fired successfully with .22LR
• At least two mags (Note: we are Garand-friendly)
• Rifle sling and ammo carry (mag pouch, bandoleer, etc.)
• Optics/Irons – whatever you would use in an emergency; bring back-up irons if possible
• Food/water/sungear/raingear to get you through a day’s shooting; don’t forget the aspirin!
• Kneepads/elbowpads/groundpads if you use them; leather gloves are strongly suggested
• Eye and ear protection
• Binoculars (optional)
• Pistoleros: bring your holstered piece, ammo, and an extra mag
What You’ll Learn:
• Practical zeroing for your rifle
• Rapid reaction shots at various ranges (from 3 to 200 yards)
• The importance of follow-up shots
• Immediate action drills
• Reloading techniques
• Moving safely with your rifle
• The necessity of weak-side training
• Your pistol as last resort
Where: We’ll convoy via vehicle from the rendezvous point below
When: October 6&7, 2007 — 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
How much: $75/day; $150/weekend; bring a buddy and receive 50% off the 2nd admission; active military are free with current ID. Young people under 21 are free with a paid admission; participation by minors may be limited as to the extent of training, but they will benefit from the instruction.
Prerequisites: Each shooter will be expected at all times to adhere to the standard gun safety rules, with special attention to muzzle and trigger finger control. Your weekend will be more enjoyable if your rifle is cleaned, properly lubricated, and zeroed at 200 yards. All shooters will have an opportunity to zero their rifles at appropriate distances. Make sure to remember your cleaning equipment, lubricants, and any necessary tools/manuals for all of your gear.
Rendezvous details: Oceanview Diner (541) 469-7971 – rendezvous on 10/6/07 at no later than 7:00 AM if you want to eat breakfast before heading to the range.
Contact info: firstname.lastname@example.org