Come one, come all as we return to the magnificent Oregon coast for this year’s first WRSA event, designed to make sure you have a solid grasp of the fundamentals in using your handgun for its designed purpose.
Where: Brookings, OR; we will convoy by vehicle from the rendezvous location below
When: March 15-16, 2008
– Safe Handling
– Presentations from the Holster
– Steps of Firing A Shot
– After Action Drills
– Tactical and Emergency Reloads
– Clearing Malfunctions
– Shot Placement
– Slow fire drills from 5-25 yards
– Rapid fire drills from 3-15 yards
– Close Contact Firing
– Penetration & Power Factors
– Equipment Recommendations
– Tactical Scenarios
– Pistol: Whatever you would grab in an emergency; would recommend a good semi-auto but revolvers will work also
– Ammo: 400 rounds, Magazines/Speedloaders 4, Mag/Speedloader carriers
– Holster: Good quality belt holster
– Eye and Ear Protection
– Food/water and any other gear you’ll need to be comfortable (hats, knee pads, elbow pads, sunscreen, raingear, aspirin/other OTC pain reliever, etc.)
Fee: $150/shooter/2 days; “buddy system” pricing allows 25% total discount (i.e., 2 shooters @ $225 total; 3 shooters @ $337.50, etc.). Young people under 21 are free with a paid admission; participation by minors may be limited as to the extent of training, but they will benefit from the instruction.
Prerequisites: Each shooter will be expected at all times to adhere to the standard gun safety rules, with special attention to muzzle and trigger finger control. Your weekend will be more enjoyable if your handgun is cleaned, and properly lubricated. All shooters will have an opportunity to zero their handguns at appropriate distances. Make sure to remember your cleaning equipment, lubricants, and any necessary tools/manuals for all of your gear.
Rendezvous details: Oceanview Diner (541) 469-7971 – rendezvous on 3/15/08 at no later than 7:00 AM if you want to eat breakfast before heading to the range.
Patrick R. Foley
97900 Shopping Center Ave
Harbor, Oregon 97415
541 412 7829
541 412 8380 FAX