Feel free to make suggestions in comments or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Staff types who want to SMESSCS it or SMEAC it are welcome to do so.
Final version to be released NLT 0500Z 26 FEB 2015.
WHAT: National Patriot Field Day 2015 (NPFD 2015/1, pronounced “nip-fed twenty-fifteen slash one”) – Continental FTX
WHEN: 1300Z 19 APRIL 2015 – 0100Z 20 APRIL 2015
WHERE: CONUS (at a minimum)
WHO: You and your team; see below
WHY: Demonstrating that skills learned over the past six years can be applied successfully in the field in coordination/communication with other like-minded freedom-loving people located across North America
HOW: Entirely at teams’ discretion, subject to provisions below
CONCEPT: NPFD will provide an opportunity for patriots of all interests, abilities, and skills to field those talents over a 12-hour period and communicate their wins/losses/corrective actions to local, regional, and national UHF/VHF/HF networks.
Essential elements of the FTX are as follows:
1) Peaceful demonstration of freedom-minded skills; keep it respectful and legal
2) Team planning and execution in support of coordinated effort, with comms up through local net and onward
3) All teams who complete their self-defined missions within parameters (honor system) and communicate their results with the FTX net are eligible for noogies and potential better prizes
4) Local/regional/national/international(?) comms will need to be established and maintained for the 12-hour FTX period plus a one-hour bumper prior to and after the ground teams (1200Z 19 APRIL – 0200Z 20 APRIL)
5) The more varied participants, the more challenging the FTX– so contact your associates in the re-enactor, EMCOMMS, EMS, and any other disciplines to encourage their participation, as per the following hypothetical examples:
– The 7th Motor Cavalry Regiment (Provisional) [a military vehicle collectors’ association] participates in NPFD by deploying to a New England Patriots Day celebration and uses the vintage HF equipment in their rigs to serve as a regional net hub on both voice and CW
– COPTHWART, a national anti-police-brutality activist group, participates in NPFD by obtaining imagery and identifiers of all LE personnel and vehicles supervising a “Stop WWIII Now!” protest on the National Mall, sending runners with thumbdrives containing digital data and imagery to predetermined locations for link-up and dissemination with HF voice/data communicators on the NPFD net
– Bush Medics CONUS, a scratch team of EMTs, NPs, PAs, and MDs created to provide remote medical assistance to NPFD participants, supports local medics in various AOs by HF voice/data to local NPFD stations, who transmits the Bush Medics’ info to field teams via VHF/UHF handheld
– Elements of the Coonass Thwackers, a Louisiana militia, navigate a complex route through bayou country to approach a mock UN checkpoint, where they attack and capture all UN personnel and radio the immediately-actionable intelligence obtained to their local and regional nets, who use HF to pass the information to designated POCs on the other side of North America
– Auxiliary members of the fictional Blue Ridge Resistance observe pre-determined events, then use burner phones and prowords to communicate their observations successfully to another burner phone being used by the local NPFD radio net
– A 3-person special reconnaisance team outside of Boston covertly make the observations and collect the imagery required by their mission. They then transmit their fundings via proxy server to a predesignated internet site maintained by the NPFD team.
CONCLUSION: There will be a great deal of work needed to take NPFD 2015 from concept to executable plan by 15 APRIL. If you want to help, send your proposed COA to email@example.com.
SPREAD THE WORD – SPREAD THE WORD – SPREAD THE WORD