Sam K. asks some fair questions in comments and related email (condensed below for clarity) about this upcoming FTX:
A few questions:
What is the Commander’s Intent regarding this exercise?
How does this exercise telegraph anything meaningful to OpFor regarding capabilities, without revealing said capabilities, thus giving OpFor an angle of attack on each participating group?
Who is coordinating?hosting/overseeing? Too many demonstrably untrustworthy people playing in these waters to be part of a blind, multi-faceted, national/regional game when the stakes are so high.
How does telegraphing capabilities (which I sadly suspect will be an applied organizational clusterfoxtrot, given the levels of coordination and teamwork personally witnessed between groups spread geographically) advantage FreeFor if Intent remains undemonstrated? (Most individual teams do not have this stuff nailed-down, asking for a public display that incorporates coordination is to beg for public embarrassment, methinks.) Ten million ARs in private hands are useless if 9.999 million remain in gun safes instead of at the Green.
What is the final, coordinated act among all participants that is the equivalent of stacking Barry-cades at the gates of the White House?
April 19 is a big deal. MSM and all OpFor will be all over us with their messaging, and they WILL make inroads to this year’s new crop of civilian fucktards – reminding them/educating them that we patriots are all American ISIS.
We need to get people off the couch – something we all recognize. Couch potatoes will never move far or do too much work on their first Op – so we should keep our requests of them within their wheelhouse.
My suggestion for a 19 April ESAD Op (and we make it public as hell – let those fuckers know we are coming and let them sweat it) – on April 19 we have Patriots from all over America send WRSA (or some other clearing house) images of LEO shops or City Halls from their respective AOs. No captions needed, no threats, no confrontations – we just end the day with every picture we can have Patriots send in of their local OpFor HQ.
I think I understand many of the unspoken goals (practical and propaganda), and I’ll refrain from further questions until these are clarified a bit.
1) Commander’s Intent: To deploy FREEFOR elements within their spheres of experience/interests/skillsets, to collect information for local analysis/action, and to exercise redundant methods of communication regarding results.
2) Command: Planning stage under direction of WINTER MUSTER participants, with open-source input as received. FTX command will be under local control of participants, with communications network command/operations pursuant to plan (TBD).
3) NOTE: NO ONE HAS TO DO ANYTHING AT ALL. IF SOMEONE CHOOSES TO PARTICIPATE, THE NATURE, SCOPE, AND DURATION OF THAT PARTICIPATION IS ENTIRELY WITHIN THEIR OWN CONTROL – BEFORE, DURING, AND AFTER THE FTX. THERE WILL BE MEANINGFUL BENEFIT FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO, FOR EXAMPLE, SIMPLY NOTE THE LOCATIONS OF ALL LOCAL POLITICIANS FOR FUTURE REFERENCE IN THAT AO, WITH ZERO COMMUNICATION OF THOSE RESULTS TO ANYONE OUTSIDE OF THAT AO.
4) Participation can also come in the form of establishing a field monitoring station on non-grid power and monitoring FTX frequencies.
5) Consider participation via use of non-Internet/non-RF comms, such as dead-drops and other fundamental fieldcraft methods.
6) 240 years ago on 19 April, British subjects stepped forth in their towns against tyranny. NPFD 2015/1 is designed to pay homage to those brave men by providing a context in which modern-day Americans can step forth – legally and respectfully, at least towards objects worthy of respect – and demonstrate that they too will stand against tyranny and the dictates of man.
No matter what.